Omega Safety Training Schedule and Classroom Calendar
How to register for the event:
1. Select the number of tickets below (number of employees attending the course).
2. Click the "Add to cart" button.
Having problems or questions? Contact us | Looking to have your staff trained On-Location? REQUEST Group Training
- This event has passed.
Virtual Veriforce PEC Respiratory Protection Training May 17th 2023
May 17 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT$139.99
Virtual Veriforce PEC Respiratory Protection Training
Refresher Training Required: Yes
Frequency: Annual, along with additional hands-on training as per 29 CFR 1910.134(k), or upon changes in workplace conditions that affect respirator usage.
• 29 CFR 1910.134
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration
• National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
• American National Standards Institute
Veriforce’s Respiratory Protection is a two-hour training course designed to fulfill the classroom training requirements set forth in the OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard. Students will learn about respiratory hazards, the hazard assessment process companies must use to determine proper respiratory protection, and the varying types of respirators, their uses, care, and limitations. Students will also learn about their company’s responsibilities under OSHA and the role of a respiratory protection program administrator under their company’s Respiratory Protection Program. This program does not cover the hands-on portion of required respiratory protection training.
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive their Veriforce ID card. This card reflects Veriforce course requirements the student has met. Employers may verify student training on the ID card or online at www.PECCard.com. Veriforce will not validate the hands-on portion of the respiratory protection training requirement as outlined in 29 CFR 1910.134(k).
Students will receive an exam to verify competency in Respiratory Protection topics in order to fulfill the classroom training requirement. Students must receive a medical evaluation, fit testing, and proper hands-on training in order to meet the full training requirements outlined by OSHA for respiratory protection.
1. Define the basics of respiratory protection.
2. Describe the potential health effects of respiratory hazards.
3. Explain respiratory hazard mitigation using the hierarchy of controls.
4. Explain respiratory protection program requirements.
5. Identify potential sources and conditions of hazardous atmospheres.
6. Describe respiratory hazard assessment for respirator selection.
7. Identify the different respirator types, their uses, and their limitations.
8. Describe medical evaluation and fit testing requirements.
9. Describe the basics for respirator care, maintenance, and service life.
What We Provide:
- Professional trainers with many years of health and safety training expertise, and industry credentials.
- OSHA, PEC Safety, HSI, ANSI Authorized Trainers and Courses.
- Online training, Instructor Training and Blended Training Options.
- Certificates of Course Completion and ID Cards are issued for all courses.
- Training materials, manuals and hand outs are provided at no additional cost and the students can keep them.
Training Scheduling Terms:
- All Students MUST be registered prior to attending training sessions held at our location. Seats are limited. Depending on the course, seating ranges from 12 to 20 students per training session.
- Omega Safety Training reserves the right to cancel any training sessions, at their own discretion, at any time.
- Upon any course cancellation, Omega Safety Training’s only obligation is to refund any funds prepaid for that course.
- Any students making airline reservations must keep Omega Safety Training’s cancellation policy in mind when making flight arrangements.
Choose Omega Safety Training For All Your Safety Training Requirements
Have peace of mind, knowing our courses and trainers are industry certified.