Omega Safety Training Schedule and Classroom Calendar
How to register for the event:
1. Select the number of tickets below (number of employees attending the course).
2. Click the "Add to cart" button.
- This event has passed.
Qualified Rigger Training
July 6, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm$125
This Qualified Rigger training session provides basic application information for standard rigging equipment and their use with selected other lifting devices. This course focuses on the use of various lifting equipment and proper use and limitations. General, Oil and Gas Industry References covered as applicable are “The Crosby Group” API, ASME, Wire Rope Technical Board, Web Sling and Tie Down Association, Association of Energy Services, and ANSI
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION
Methods of instruction include but are not limited to, lecture, power point presentation, video and case studies of various incidents & accidents. Each student will be required to take a written test and complete a hands-on rigging proficiency test. Proficiency test will include developing lift plan, selection of appropriate rigging equipment and application of rigging equipment on a simulated load. All training is conducted in classroom setting and no Live Loads will be used. Our Instructors are available to conduct all or portion of this training onsite should a client request
To increase employee’s knowledge and skills related to safe rigging practices that will avoid accidents and injury’s associated with lifting, moving and lowering various types of loads. Enable employee’s to properly select the appropriate rigging equipment to achieve a safe lift.
COURSE TOPICS/UNITS AND DATES
4-6 Hour Class Room Session: Includes developing lift plan, selecting and specifying proper application of rigging equipment.
- Risk Management
- Application and Inspection of Hardware
- Shackles, Hooks and Other Hardware
- Wire Rope Terminations
- Load binders
- Application and Inspection of Slings
- Wire Rope Slings
- Chain Slings
- Synthetic Slings
- Rigging Basics
- Rigging Basics
- The Rigging Plan
- The Use of Slings
- The Rigging Triangle
- Sling Hitches
- Block Basics
- Block Concepts
- Block Inspections
TEXTBOOK(S) AND/OR SUPPLIES
- Crosby Land Based Energy Operations Student Workbook provided to each student
- Crosby Pocket User’s Guide Lifting, & Land Based Energy Operations Reference Card
- Student Test & Test Answer Sheet supplied for each student
- Pen’s, Hand-out’s and form provided for each student
TESTING & GRADING PLAN
- Grading and testing procedures will strictly follow Omega Safety Training, Inc. requirements.
- Each Student must pass the written test with a passing grade of 80% or better. Should a student fail the written portion of the test that student will be required to retake the course.
- Hands-on portion is graded by ability to develop and implement an appropriate lift plan for item to be lifted. This will require proper selection, application, use of, removal of and storage of all rigging equipment identified in the lift plan. All of the training is completed in a classroom setting. No live loads will be picked and No Cranes will be used.
- Any student caught cheating during written testing will be immediately removed from the class.
Learn more about Crosby Land Based Rigging:
Land based rigging training using top of the line, well developed easy to understand training materials and delivery methods. This training focuses on the essential needs of today’s riggers. Each student receives their own student manual and easy to use pocket rigging guides to help during and after the class. Price Per Student $125.00
Purchase ticket below classroom details below.
Our Training Staff Will Get Your Staff Trained to meet all current Safety Requirements!
What We Provide:
- Professional trainers with many years of health and safety training expertise, and industry credentials.
- OSHA, PEC Safety, HSI, ANSI Authorized Trainers and Courses.
- Online training, Instructor Training and Blended Training Options.
- Certificates of Course Completion and ID Cards are issued for all courses.
- Training materials, manuals and hand outs are provided at no additional cost and the students can keep them.
Training Scheduling Terms:
- All Students MUST be registered prior to attending training sessions held at our location. Seats are limited. Depending on the course, seating ranges from 12 to 20 students per training session.
- Omega Safety Training reserves the right to cancel any training sessions, at their own discretion, at any time.
- Upon any course cancellation, Omega Safety Training’s only obligation is to refund any funds prepaid for that course.
- Any students making airline reservations must keep Omega Safety Training’s cancellation policy in mind when making flight arrangements.
Choose Omega Safety Training For All Your Safety Training Requirements
Have peace of mind, knowing our courses and trainers are industry certified.
“I highly recommend Chad Keller to provide training for your company. Chad has worked for our company for the past 2 years. He has excellent communication skills and our employees really enjoy his classes. During his time with us he has always been on time and really cares for his clients.”James CoulterSenior Safety and Training Manager
“Omega Safety Training provides quality classroom, hands-on training, with friendly and knowledgeable instructors. They make sure that you get it right. Omega partners with us to provide a variety of safety courses tailored to the needs of our business. From beginner to expert their training is challenging, and has helped our materials handling departments with dropped object prevention.”Chris RushingHSE Coordinator- SubSea Services/Western Region