OSHA FORKLIFT TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTION
This compliant OSHA Forklift Training Course was designed to cover the current safety training requirements found in the OSHA standards for Powered Industrial Trucks. The training is intended to cover forklift safety rules and regulations for all types and classifications of Powered Industrial Trucks.
The purpose of this training is to help you become a qualified Powered Industrial Truck (Forklift) operator — an operator who has the knowledge and skills to operate a Powered Industrial Truck in a safe and professional manner.
OSHA FORKLIFT TRAINING COURSE OBJECTIVES
To implement safe operating practices and awareness of safe operating procedures to reduce or eliminate forklift-related incidents and accidents. To increase overall knowledge of forklift operating principles.
OSHA FORKLIFT TRAINING COURSE TOPICS COVERED
4 Hour Class Room Session: Est. 20 – 45 mins. per student per forklift for hands-on portion. This time includes hands-on vehicle maintenance inspection and is highly based on the students experience level of the equipment being operated.
Powered Industrial Truck Knowledge-you will learn about:
- Types of Powered Industrial Trucks
- Powered Industrial Truck operation
- Powered Industrial Truck safety
- Powered Industrial Truck maintenance
- Powered Industrial Truck refueling and recharging.
You will have an opportunity to gain hands-on experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck. For the hands-on evaluation, we will use each type of lift the employee will operate i.e Class 2 and/or Class 5.
The student will be evaluated while completing an obstacle course, driving in both forward and reverse. Several maneuvers must be completed properly and safely to pass this portion of the class.
For more information, please visit OSHA.gov.
Delivery Method: On-Site Training. Omega Safety Training Inc. will travel to your location to train your staff on your Heavy Equipment.
Benefits of On-Site Forklift Training –
- Flexible and Time Efficient
- Lower Training Costs
- Minimized Downtime
- Increased Productivity
- Consistent Experience
What are the methods of instruction for the Forklift Training course?
Methods of instruction include but are not limited to, lecture, power point presentation, video and case studies of various fatal accidents. Each student will be required to take a written test and complete a hands-on vehicle inspection and driving proficiency test.
Forklift Training Course Requirements
- Student Workbook provided to each student
- Student Test & Test Answer Sheet supplied for each student
- Pen’s, Hand-out’s and forms provided for each student
Forklift Training Test & Grading Syllabus
- Grading and testing procedures will strictly follow Omega Safety Training, Inc. requirements.
- Each Student must pass each of the tests with a passing grade of 80% or better. Should a student fail the written or hands-on portion of the test that student will be required to retake the course.
- Hands-on portion is graded by maneuvers, with each maneuver have a possible 3/3 score. The student starts the course with a perfect score of 24/24 and for each cone hit a minimum of 1 point is deducted with a minimum passing score of 20/24 points equaling 80%.
- Students will be immediately disqualified should they display any unsafe behaviors while operating the equipment and the specified contact will be notified immediately.
- Any student caught cheating during any tests will be immediately removed from the class and our specified contact will be notified immediately.
|On Site Training||4 Hrs||$139.99|