Lifting and Rigging Training sessions provide basic application information for the Crosby Products and their use with selected other lifting devices. This course focuses on the use of Crosby specific lifting equipment and proper use and limitations with other lifting equipment. General, Oil and Gas Industry References covered as applicable are “The Crosby Group” API, ASME, Wire Rope Technical Board, Web Sling and Tie Down Association, Association of Energy Services, and ANSI.
To increase employee’s knowledge and skills related to safe rigging practices that will avoid accidents and injury’s associated with lifting, moving and lowering various types of loads. Enable employee’s to properly select the appropriate rigging equipment to achieve a safe lift.
COURSE TOPICS/UNITS AND DATES
4-6 Hour Class Room Session: Est. 20 – 30 min’s. per student includes developing lift plan, selecting and application of rigging equipment and disconnection of rigging equipment.
Application and Inspection of Hardware
- Shackles, Hooks and Other Hardware
- Wire Rope Terminations
- Load binders
Application and Inspection of Slings
- Wire Rope Slings
- Chain Slings
- Synthetic Slings
- Rigging Basics
- The Rigging Plan
- The Use of Slings
- The Rigging Triangle
- Sling Hitches
- Block Concepts
- Block Inspections
Delivery Method: On-Site Training. Omega Safety Training Inc. will travel to your location to train your staff on your Heavy Equipment.
Benefits of On-Site Training –
- Flexible and Time Efficient
- Lower Training Costs
- Minimised Downtime
- Increased Productivity
- Consistent Experience
Methods of instruction include but are not limited to, lecture, power point presentation, video and case studies of various fatal accidents. Each student will be required to take a written test and complete a hands-on vehicle inspection and driving proficiency test.
- Student Workbook provided to each student
- Student Test & Test Answer Sheet supplied for each student
- Pen’s, Hand-out’s and forms provided for each student
- Grading and testing procedures will strictly follow Omega Safety Training, Inc. requirements.
- Each Student must pass each of the tests with a passing grade of 80% or better. Should a student fail the written or hands-on portion of the test that student will be required to retake the course.
- Hands-on portion is graded by maneuvers, with each maneuver have a possible 3/3 score. The student starts the course with a perfect score of 24/24 and for each cone hit a minimum of 1 point is deducted with a minimum passing score of 20/24 points equaling 80%.
- Students will be immediately disqualified should they display any unsafe behaviors while operating the equipment and the specified contact will be notified immediately.
- Any student caught cheating during any tests will be immediately removed from the class and our specified contact will be notified immediately.
|Lifting and Rigging Training Course||On Site Training||4 Hrs||$179.99|