This course first discusses how best to deal with offers of gifts and entertainment in a business setting. Depending on what type of item is offered, it may be considered a bribe. This course will teach you how to differentiate between an ethical gift and a bribe, while also shedding light on the types of items it is acceptable to receive. Next, this course introduces how best to approach the hiring of family and friends in a business setting. This course will teach you the appropriate way to hire a family member or friend, while also providing tips for how best to deal with a friend or family member who is a supplier or customer. This course articulates the concept of moonlighting. This course will teach you about the importance of competing fairly and outline the necessary steps to take if you happen to be a member of an outside organization. Then, kickbacks are discussed in this course. Though kickbacks are always considered somewhat shady, there are types that are not illegal. This course will help you distinguish between legal and illegal kickbacks, while discussing the ethical dilemma associated with accepting a kickback of any kind. You will also learn how to detect suspicious behavior in the workplace. This course wraps up with a discussion of secure transactions. Conducting insecure transactions puts your company at risk of identity theft and if the problem is happening internally, the consequences can be even more severe. This course will teach you how to identify internal breaches and provide helpful tips on how to decrease the chance of an internal breach occurring.
There are no regulatory requirements listed for this course
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
– Describe the types of items you can ethically accept as gifts.
– Describe the disadvantages of hiring a family member or friend.
– Define what constitutes as a family member.
– Identify when moonlighting is adversely affecting your performance at work.
– Outline the appropriate steps that should be taken when you are a member of a outside organization.
– Define kickbacks.
– Describe the difference between a legitimate business deal and a kickback.
– Identify illegal kickbacks.
– Distinguish between secure transactions and insecure transactions
– Outline the steps that should be taken to limit internal breaches
This course focuses on the following topics:
– Is Accepting Gifts Fair or Ethical?
– Protecting Your Reputation
– Should You Hire Family and Friends?
– When is Moonlighting a Conflict of Interest?
– Competing Fairly and Participating in Outside Organizations
– What are Kickbacks?
– When are Kickbacks Illegal?
– The Importance of Secure Transactions
– Types of Internal Breaches and their Consequences
– Preventing Breaches