Workers are exposed to hazardous chemicals daily in the workplace. Such conditions pose a serious health threat to the worker. OSHA requires training regarding chemical hazards in the workplace.
In this course, you will learn about the HazCom (Hazardous Communication) Standard and the new Globally Harmonized System (GHS), and how to use Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and chemical labels to protect yourself from hazards or react to chemical exposures. This course gives you a basic understanding of how to identify and safely handle hazardous chemicals, OSHA’s Hazardous Communications or the “Right to Know” Act, GHS, and how workers can prevent and protect themselves from chemical hazards.
MAJOR CHANGES TO THE HAZARD COMMUNICATION STANDARD
Hazard classification: Provides specific criteria for the classification of health and physical hazards, as well as classification of mixtures.
Labels: Chemical manufacturers and importers will be required to provide a label that includes a harmonized signal word, pictogram, and hazard statement for each hazard class and category. Precautionary statements must also be provided.
Safety Data Sheets: Will now have a specified 16-section format.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS).
- Identify the purpose and benefits of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
- Recognize common kinds of hazardous materials on the job site.
- Interpret the labels and symbols used to identify hazardous materials.
- Reference a Safety Data Sheet, also known as an SDS and formerly known as a Material Safety Data Sheet, or MSDS, and determine appropriate responses to real-world scenarios.
- Identify the physical and health hazards presented by hazardous materials in the workplace.
- Explain ways that employees and employers can prevent the adverse effects of hazardous materials in the workplace.
Omega Safety Training, Inc. can help your company become compliant with OSHA regulations pertaining to HAZARD Communications and the new Globally Harmonized System in a timely and efficient manner. We currently have 3 options for providing this service to your company.
- Custom Designed HAZCOM with GHS Course “to include client-specific info”
- P.E.C. HAZCOM with GHS program
- Online HAZCOM with GHS program
We can provide this training at your location no matter how far away it may be. We strive to make training times and locations, flexible allowing all employees to take advantage of their time.
Large group discounts 5 or more – Request Group Training
Please use our schedule training link provided to schedule or request training and we will respond within 24 hours of your request.
Delivery Method: Classroom, On Site Training
Methods of instruction include but are not limited to, lecture, power point presentation, video and case studies of various fatal accidents. Each student will be required to take a written test and complete a hands-on inspection and use of equipment.
- Student Workbook provided to each student
- Student Test &Test Answer Sheet supplied for each student
- Pen’s, Hand out’s and form provided for each student
- Grading and testing procedures will strictly follow Omega Safety Training, Inc. requirements.
- Each Student must pass the written test with a passing grade of 80% or better. Should a student fail the written portion of the test that student will be required to retake the course.
- Any student caught cheating during written testing will be immediately removed from the class and our specified contact will be notified immediately.
|OSHA HAZCOM GHS Training||On Site Training , Classroom||3-4 Hrs||$89.99|