PEC H2S Clear End User Training
The PEC H2S Clear End User (4-hour) course prepares general industry workers by providing crucial knowledge of the dangers of H2S and the precautions, tools and controls necessary when working in H2S environments. This course covers the classroom requirements of ANSI Z390.1.
PEC H2S Clear End User is available as a standalone course via instructor, or it can be taken as a predecessor to PEC Basic Orientation, PEC Basic/10, or PEC Core Compliance course. There are no prerequisites for this course, however, it is recommended students complete PEC Basic Orientation, PEC Basic/10, or PEC Core Compliance to meet general industry safety awareness and orientation requirements.
Ensure your employees are trained on standardized H2S topics required by operators and regulatory agencies in the most complete and cost-effective program developed by PEC Safety, the leader in safety training for the oil and gas industry.
PEC H2S Clear End User meets minimum requirements for awareness-level training on the following topics:
- Acute and Chronic Health Effects
- Administrative Controls
- API Hazard Conditions
- Buddy System
- Burning, Flaring, and Venting
- Characteristics of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Chemical and Physical Properties
- Company and Worker Responsibilities
- Contingency Plans
- Corrective Actions and Shutdown Procedures
- Detection and Monitoring Methods
- Dispersion Models
- Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide on Metals
- Emergency Response and Evacuation
- Emerging Technology
- Engineering Controls
- First Aid and Post-exposure Evaluation
- Hydrogen Sulfide in Confined Spaces
- Hazard Communication for Hydrogen Sulfide
- Hazards of Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfur Dioxide
- Ignition Sources
- Immediate Action Plans
- Methods for Detecting and Monitoring
- Operation of Safety Equipment and Life Support Systems
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals
- Recommended Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide Service Operations, Drilling and Servicing Operations, Production Facilities/Fluid Transfer and Maintenance, Offshore Operations, and Gas Processing Plants
- Rescue Techniques
- Respiratory Protection
- Routes and Limits of Exposure
- Safe Work Practices
- Sensitivity and Acute and Chronic Health Effects
- Sources of Hydrogen Sulfide
- State and Federal Regulatory Requirements
- Training Requirements
- Warning Signs and Alarms
- Wind Direction
Students receive written exams to verify competency in PEC H2S Clear End User topics.
Over 25 of the leading oil and gas operators accept this orientation as it meets and/or exceeds their minimum orientation requirements. Upon successful completion of this course, all students will receive their PEC Photo ID Card, produced by Omega Safety Training, Inc., which can save time, and have them prepared for travel with no downtime.
This orientation has become the standard program for the industry and certifies a student at awareness level. Employers may also verify course completion by visiting PEC End User License Agreement.