Veriforce PEC H2S Clear for Energy
Upcoming Veriforce PEC H2S Clear for
Energy Training Classes:
The Veriforce PEC H2S Clear for Energy (4-hour) training course prepares general industry workers by providing crucial knowledge of the dangers of H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide) and the precautions, tools and controls necessary when working in H2S environments. This course covers the classroom requirements of ANSI Z390.1.
PEC H2S Clear for Energy is the leading industry-recognized training program on the deadly threat of hydrogen sulfide (H2S). It is a comprehensive, instructor-led, 4-hour course that arms workers with all the crucial information and processes specific to working in potentially deadly H2S environments.
This H2S training is available as a standalone course via instructor, or it can be taken as a predecessor to Veriforce PEC Safe Land Basic 2021 Orientation, Basic/10, or 24 Hour Core Compliance course.
Are There Prerequisites for H2S Certification?
There are no prerequisites for this course, however, it is recommended students complete Verifroce PEC Safe Land USA 2021 Basic Orientation, Basic/10, or 24 Hour Core Compliance to meet general industry safety awareness and orientation requirements.
Ensure your employees are trained on standardized H2S topics required by operators and regulatory agencies in the most complete and cost-effective program developed by Veriforce PEC, the leader in safety training programs for the oil and gas industry.
Veriforce PEC H2S Clear for Energy Certification Course Components
Veriforce PEC H2S Clear for Energy meets minimum requirements for awareness-level training on the following topics:
- Acute and Chronic Health Effects
- Administrative Controls
- API Hazard Conditions
- Buddy System
- Burning, Flaring, and Venting
- Characteristics of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Chemical and Physical Properties
- Company and Worker Responsibilities
- Contingency Plans
- Corrective Actions and Shutdown Procedures
- Detection and Monitoring Methods
- Dispersion Models
- Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide on Metals
- Emergency Response and Evacuation
- Emerging Technology
- Engineering Controls
- First Aid and Post-exposure Evaluation
- Hydrogen Sulfide in Confined Spaces
- Hazard Communication for Hydrogen Sulfide
- Hazards of Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfur Dioxide
- Ignition Sources
- Immediate Action Plans
- Methods for Detecting and Monitoring
- Operation of Safety Equipment and Life Support Systems
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals
- Recommended Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide Service Operations, Drilling and Servicing Operations, Production Facilities/Fluid Transfer and Maintenance, Offshore Operations, and Gas Processing Plants
- Rescue Techniques
- Respiratory Protection
- Routes and Limits of Exposure
- Safe Work Practices
- Sensitivity and Acute and Chronic Health Effects
- Sources of Hydrogen Sulfide
- State and Federal Regulatory Requirements
- Training Requirements
- Warning Signs and Alarms
- Wind Direction
Getting H2S Certified – Course Evaluation
Students receive written exams to verify competency in PEC H2S Clear topics. A passing examination will earn you an H2S Clear Certification
Over 25 of the leading oil and gas operators accept this orientation as it meets and/or exceeds their minimum orientation requirements. Upon successful completion of this course, all students will receive their PEC Photo ID Card, produced by PEC, which can save time, and have them prepared for travel with no downtime.
This orientation has become the standard program for the industry and certifies a student at awareness level. Employers may also verify course completion here.
Omega Safety Training, Inc. is proud to be in good standings with Veriforce PEC and authorized to provide SafeGulf and SafeLandUSA training to our Offshore Industry. We provide training at your location and ours.
We’re here to help, so feel free to Call us at
(281) 979-4849 or Email Us for assistance!